You can customize a wedding invitation in different available sizes. To know what is the perfect size for the invitation of your choice, you must start with the available envelope sizes. Once you identified the envelope size that the invitation will be mailed in, then you can identify the right size of the invitation.
Here is a list of the standard envelope sizes available for wedding invitations.
– Four Bar envelopes – 3 5/8 inches x 5 1/8 inches
– A-2 envelopes – 4 3/8 inches x 5 3/4 inches
– A-6 envelopes – 4 3/4 inches x 6 1/2 inches
– A-7 envelopes – 5 1/4 inches x 7 1/4 inches
– A-9 envelopes – 5 3/4 inches x 8 3/4 inches
Outer and Inner Envelopes
You have two options in mailing your wedding invitation. One is to mail the invitation with outer and inner envelopes to keep the inner envelope of the invitation clean and good for keepsakes. Two is to mail the invitation in just one envelope and it is actually cost efficient to do this.
Upon mailing your wedding invitation to your expected guests, you can include a response envelope inside that is self-addressed. This will let the recipient of the invitation to verify of their attendance on your wedding day. The common envelope size for response envelopes is Four Bar or A-2.
Once you have identified the envelope size that you are going to use, now you can already identify the paper size needed for the wedding invitation. Picture out how many invitations you can make from a standard sheet of paper – 8.5 inches x 11 inches – according to the size of the invitation that you desire. The rule would be the more you can produce from a sheet of paper, the cheaper would be the cost for the invitation.
Just make sure that the wedding invitation size is 1/4 of an inch lesser than the envelope size that you have chosen so that the invitation will fit perfectly into the envelope. It is cost efficient to use Panel Cards since they will produce twice the number of invitations compared to using Panel Folders.
Listed below is the number of invitations produced per sheet of a standard paper according to the size style.
– A-2 paper size (Panel Card) will produce four invitations per sheet of paper.
– A-2 paper size (Panel Folder) will produce two invitations per sheet of paper.
– A-6 paper size (Panel Card) will produce two invitations per sheet of paper.
– A-6 paper size (Panel Folder) will produce one invitation per sheet of paper.
– A-7 paper size (Panel Card) will produce two invitations per sheet of paper.
– A-7 paper size (Panel Folder) will produce one invitation per sheet of paper.