Microwave ovens changed the way people cook. Some meals are made easier to prepare because of the introduction of microwave. Almost every home has a unit in the kitchen or wishes to have one, at least.
Like every other kitchen tool or gadget, microwave ovens vary in size, in style, in designs, and in features.
When buying such an important kitchen gadget, you must be aware of the differences among the units available in the market as well as your needs. That is to ensure that you are making a good microwave choice according to your need and requirement.
Microwave ovens are sized in numerics – between 17L and 32L. The regular size is 21L, which has a dimension of 20x12x16 inches. This is small enough to fit into your countertop and is roomy enough to accommodate a size of the dinner plate. A regular microwave oven of such a size is ideal for singles and for couples who are just starting. It is not sufficient, however, for preparing big family recipes. Naturally, you will have to purchase a bigger microwave if that is your intention.
Microwave Cooking Tips
Microwave ovens are useful in many senses. You just have to know how to use it and how to use it right to ensure that you will be able to maximize the amount of dollars you spent on buying it. Below are a few tips to help you through:
* It is definitely worth repeating: make sure to use only microwave-safe bowls and dishes when placing food inside your microwave oven.
* The dense part of the food should be on the outside while the less dense part should be on the inside. The reason for this is that dense part of the food requires a longer period of time to cook. In line with this observation, you must remember that it will take longer for your beef steak to cook compared to your ground beef.
* If you want to get the most juice out of your citrus fruits – lime, lemon, orange – you can pop them into the microwave on high temperature for only 30 seconds. Then, you roll them onto the counter before slicing them in the middle to find bursting juices coming out.
* If you are cooking cut vegetables, make sure that your veggies are all of the same size so as to ensure they will be evenly cooked afterwards.
* When cooking in a microwave oven, keep in mind that spacing is key. Make sure that you arrange your food properly.