When it comes to units of measurements, it’s good to know a few conversions just so you’ll have the information handy if and when the need arises. There are conversion tables and calculators that you can find online to help you in this area.
Now if you need to know how big is a meter in feet, it is approximately 3.280 or about 3 feet and 3.37 inches. Why would you need such conversion?
Well for one thing, if you are working on a project, home improvement project for instance, conversions can help you determine the exact measurements of specific areas and materials.
Sometimes too, you may need the information when working on school or work assignments. Conversions can be quite educational and fun, too.
1. Did you know that blood goes through the arteries of humans at three feet for every second?
2. One mile is equivalent to 5280 feet.
3. One yard is equivalent to three feet.
4. One rod is equivalent to 16.5 feet.
5. One fathom is equivalent to 6 feet. Fathom is a unit of measurement used to determine the depths of water.
7. The two highest mountains in Florida’s Disney World are the Big Thunder Mountain found in the Magic Kingdom which stands 197 feet and the Space Mountain found in Tomorrowland which stands at 180 feet high.
8. Florida’s Disney World Epcot Innoventions Plaza fountain shoots water up in the air up to one hundred and fifty feet high.
9. The highest elevation on the planet is Mount Everest at 29,035.433 feet, or 29035 feet and 5.19 inches or about 8850 meters.
10. The huge Sorcerer Mickey Mouse at Spaceship Earth at Disney World Resort in Florida standing at two hundred and fifty feet measuring from the tip of his wand all the way down to his feet.
11. The tallest mountain on the planet is the Mauna Kea in Hawaii standing at 33,480 feet measured from the base to its apex.
12. Perch is a unit of measurement deriving its origins from ancient Rome. One perch in Ireland is equivalent to 21 feet or about 6.4 meters.
13. In Rome, one perch is equivalent to 10 feet.
14. In other standards of measurement of various countries, one perch is equivalent to 16.5 feet.
15. Back in 1991 during the Earth Day celebration, Disney moved an oak tree standing at 55 feet high to its new home, the Ol’ Man Island at Port Orleans Resort in Disney World Florida.